[oss] [OSS] Assigment1&2

Stoica Cosmin cosmin.stoica9 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 17:01:14 EET 2013

Hello,

The deadline of Homework1&2 was postponed until 4th December 2013, but this
date was not updated on courses site (curs.cs.pub.ro).  It will be updated
or it remains the same?

Refering to Homework 1, lvl07 I have been trying to solve it for several
days, but in vain. I tried to do a shellcode which print the content of
stack but it does not work given SIGVFAULT. I mention that the shellcode is
64 bit one and it correctly works when it is assembled and linked with as
and ld and I run it on given machine directly from elf.  Additionally, I
made another shellcode that print hello world, but when it passed to stdin
of the lvl7 the same problem appears.  I notice that all registers were
zero, so what method should us approach?

I can remark from the previous attempts that I might use a  wrong method. I
can't advance to next level, because I can hardly to find the solution for
this one.

Could you offer me and my colleagues some advice that will give us some new
directions of research for this tasks? Some links or some example.

Thank you in advance!

Cosmin