[so2] Fwd: [Outreachy announcement] Outreachy internship applications open for Dec/Mar internships!

Daniel Baluta daniel.baluta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 12:13:10 EEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Outreachy Organizers <organizers at outreachy.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 1:22 AM
Subject: [Outreachy announcement] Outreachy internship applications
open for Dec/Mar internships!
To: <announce at lists.outreachy.org>

Applications for the Outreachy December 2018 to March 2019 internships
are now open:

https://www.outreachy.org/apply/

Outreachy provides three-month internships to work in Free and Open
Source Software (FOSS). Interns are paid a stipend of $5,500 and have
a $500 travel stipend available to them. Outreachy internship projects
may include programming, user experience, documentation, illustration
and graphical design, or data science. Interns often find employment
after their internship with Outreachy sponsors or in jobs that use the
skills they learned during their internship.

Outreachy internships are open to applicants around the world. Interns
work remotely with mentors from FOSS communities.

We expressly invite women (both cis and trans), trans men, and
genderqueer people to apply. We also expressly invite applications
from residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who
are Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, Native American/American
Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander. Anyone
who faces under-representation, systematic bias, or discrimination in
the technology industry of their country is invited to apply.

https://www.outreachy.org

The timeline for this round is:

Sept. 19, 2018  Applicants start making contributions to internship projects
Oct. 30, 2018   Application deadline
Nov. 16, 2018   Accepted interns announced
Dec. 4, 2018 to March 4, 2019  Internships period

Please read through the application instructions and eligibility
requirements carefully.

This round, we've added a new application process. You will need to
fill out an initial application before you start to work with a mentor
on a project. Applicants will need to record their in-progress
contributions on the Outreachy website. Once one contribution is
recorded, applicants can start to work on the final application for
the internship project.

We currently have 12 Free and Open Source communities who are ready to
take contributions from applicants, and we expect to have about four
more join in the next couple of weeks.  We'll send another
announcement once we have their landing pages in place.

If you have any questions about the internship, we have volunteers
standing by to answer them. Please contact
<applicant-help at outreachy.org>

If you can't get in contact with a mentor or you're having trouble
choosing which project(s) to apply to, you can contact our mentors
mailing list at <mentors at lists.outreachy.org>

Good luck applying!

Sage Sharp
Outreachy Organizer