[pso] [Fwd: Google Europe Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship 2007]

tavi at cs.pub.ro tavi at cs.pub.ro
Thu Dec 21 15:35:13 EET 2006

Subject: Google Europe Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship 2007
From:    "Beate List" <blist at google.com>
Date:    Thu, December 14, 2006 7:51 pm
To:      doina at daimi.au.dk

Dear Doina,

As part of Google's ongoing commitment to encourage women to excel in
computing and technology, we are pleased to announce the Google Europe
Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship 2007. This is a EUR 5,000 (or equivalent)
scholarship for the 2007/2008 academic year and the deadline for
submission is Friday, January 12th, 2007. You can find more details at
http://www.google.com/anitaborg-europe/.

The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship first launched in the US in
2004. Since then, over thirty scholarships have been awarded. We hope to
make the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship in Europe as successful as
it has been in the US and would like your help in doing so.

Can you help spread the word by sending out the below email to your BSc,
MSc, and PhD students? We have also included an attachment for you to pass
to your students. The scholarship is for female students studying Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics or related technical fields.

Thank you for your help and we hope to see many students participate.

Best regards,

Beate

--
Beate List
University Programs

blist at google.com
http://www.google.ch/jobs/<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ch%2Fjobs%2F>

----------------------

Subject line: Google Europe Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship 2007

----------------------

Dr. Anita Borg (1949 - 2003) devoted her adult life to revolutionising the
way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and
minorities from entering computing and technology fields.

As part of Google's ongoing commitment to furthering Anita's vision, we
are pleased to announce the Google Europe Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
2007. Through the scholarship, we aim to encourage women to excel in
computing and technology, and become active role models and leaders. A
group of female BSc, MSc, and PhD student finalists will be chosen from
the applicant pool. The scholarship recipients, selected from the
finalists, will each receive a EUR 5,000 (or equivalent) scholarship for
the 2007/2008 academic year.

* *

*Eligibility Requirements*

Candidates must:

   - be a female student entering her final year of a BSc, or enrolled in
an MSc or PhD programme (or equivalent) in 2007/2008.
   - be enrolled in full-time study at a University in Europe. Citizens,
permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply. -
be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a
related technical field.
   - maintain an excellent academic record (e.g. a First Class Honours
degree).

*For complete details, please visit
*http://www.google.com/anitaborg-europe/

*All applications must be received by Friday, January 12, 2007 . *

Best regards,
Google Global University Programmes