[oss] I partook in a CTF Game

Antoci Alin antoci.alin97 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 18:54:16 EET 2022

Good evening/day, my name is Antoci Alin and I'm a student at the master
SRIC and I'm part of the group SRIC1-A. I'm writing this email because I
partook in a CTF game and during an lecture Razvan Deaconescu said that we
can take part in any CTF game for bonus points. Therefore, this CTF game I
took part it was not an expert level one, but I took part in it and I'm
sending you this email. Furthermore, the CTF game I took part in is called
"picoCTF" and the link to the competition is:
https://play.picoctf.org/events/69 . After you create an account you're
prompted to with the following window:
[image: picoCTF.PNG]

Yes, I signed up a while back, but only today I actually took part in it.
It started on 10th of January 2022, and it is ending on 5th of February
2022. This type of competition is a beginner level one, and most of them
were quite easy, except the last few of them, which were somewhat
elaborated. Therefore, the competition was composed of cryptology,
conversion, fixing the files etc., but the best were the password cracking
tasks. Some were easy to crack, but some needed a script to run them and
crack them, while reading the binary files. I know, this competition wasn't
very hard and it was destined for one my startup colleagues, but at this
point, the Assignments were very difficult for me and I could use the bonus
points, even though I don't feel alright sending you this email. Therefore,
most of the exercises were easy and you have to see for yourself, but a CTF
game is a CTF game, I believe. Furthermore, all tasks from that competition
have been completed, and if there was more time I would've joined a second
CTF game. Therefore, there is the result:

[image: picoCTF_final_score.PNG]

That concludes this email. Thank you for your time and a good evening/day
furthermore.