[oss] Assignment 3 (CTF) is live, deadline is Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 11pm

Razvan Deaconescu razvan.deaconescu at cs.pub.ro
Sun Jan 1 14:38:08 EET 2017

Razvan Deaconescu <razvan.deaconescu at cs.pub.ro> writes:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> Assignment 3 is live[1]. It follows a CTF format. The CTF platform is
> this[2]. Please follow the instructions and create an account on the
> platform, if you haven't already created one for assignment 2. The
> assignment deadline is Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 11pm.
>
> We will provide 5 challenges for 1000 points; each challenge is worth
> 200 points irrespective of how difficult they are. We will add 2 bonus
> challenges. One challenge is already public, we will publish the others
> soon.
>
> You will solve challenges, submit flags and create a zip archive with a
> README, scripts and other support file per each challenge. You will
> submit the zip archive on the cs.curs.pub.ro form for Assignment 3[3].
>
> We advise you to join the #cns-upb channel on Freenode for live
> support. You may also send a message to the support address[4].
>
> Have fun and happy hacking!

Hi, everyone and a happy new year!

All challenges for Assignment 3[1] are now live on the CTF
platform[2]. There are 7 challenges graded equally, 200 points
each. What you get above 1000 points is bonus.

The Elven Godmother and Memory Writer challenges are more difficult. The
Sum Encryption challenge is highly difficult; kudos to those who manage
to solve it.

> [1] http://ocw.cs.pub.ro/courses/cns/assignments/assignment-3
> [2] https://ctf.security.cs.pub.ro/
> [3] http://cs.curs.pub.ro/2016/mod/assign/view.php?id=3379