[oss] Talk Jon Crowcroft: Can we build a europe-only cloud, and should we?

Razvan Deaconescu razvan.deaconescu at cs.pub.ro
Tue Oct 21 00:15:46 EEST 2014

Hi.

It gives me great pleasure to invite you to a talk of a "rock star" in
networking: Jon Crowcroft, from Cambridge.

Jon Crowcroft will have a talk on Tuesday, 21st of october 2014, in room
EG301, starting from 5pm.

Jon Crowcroft is among the most well known researchers in networking. He
is the recent receiver of the SIGCOMM award - the most important
scientific prize in networking. Jon is fond of sharing his many ideas,
and his talks are always attractive.

I highly recommend you to take part in Jon's talk.

Some info on the talk:
---
Title: Can we build a europe-only cloud, and should we?

Abstract: Recent events have caused alarm in parts of Europe, both
amongst citizens and also in government circles. The Germans, amongst
others, have proposed a BundesCloud (or more generally a local-only
Cloud, and Internet). In this talk, I will look at what steps are
necessary to implement such a thing, if at all possible, and how users
would have assurance about its properties. I will also touch on
whether (in the light of alternative approaches to privacy) it is
really what is wanted.
---

Razvan