[oss] End of semester and moving forward

Razvan Deaconescu razvan.deaconescu at cs.pub.ro
Tue Feb 4 17:43:08 EET 2014

Hi, everyone.

The CNS class is over. Thank you for taking part in this and job well
done to those who got a 10. I want to thank everyone involved in the
class. Lucian Mogoșanu has been a most reliable colleague and special
thanks go to Lucian Cojocar, Vlad Dumitrescu and Matei Țene, who have
done an excellent job working remote (in France, the Netherlands or the
US). Thanks, guys!

We are grateful for providing feedback to us. We've already settled on
some action points for next year, that have considered your
feedback. We'll mostly deal with making the entry classes & labs less
abrupt and tuning down the assignment difficulty. We will probably also
integrate some classes on network/web security attack/defense.

If you haven't done so already, we would welcome your feedback[1].

We suggest you remain registered to this list and check announcements or
maybe provide support for future students. In case you want to
unregister, follow the instructions here[2].

If you want to harden your applied security skills, we recommend you
take part in CFT contests, such as those announced here[3].

Last but not least, if you want to get involved in the OSS/CNS class
next year (either as a teaching assistant, or creating tasks for
assignments, or contributing to lectures and or labs), please drop me or
Lucian Mogoșanu an e-mail.

Have a lovely end of semester and a restful vacation.

[1] http://cs.curs.pub.ro/2012/course/view.php?id=220